The Great Hypostyle Hall is located within the Karnak temple complex. It is one of the most visited monuments of Ancient Egypt. The structure was built between 1290 and 1224 BC. The hall covers an area of 5,000 m2 (54,000 sq ft). The roof, now fallen, was supported by 134 columns in 16 rows; the 2 middle rows are higher than the others (being 10 metres (33 ft) in circumference and 24 metres (79 ft) high).