Kidd’s house in San Antonio was decorated in a 200-year-old home that features Spanish-Pueblo Revival-style adobe architecture, also known as El Zaguán.
This location started as the home of James L. Johnson and his wife in 1854. raised a family of seven children and managed a busy farm and household of numerous staff, hands and visitors. They added on to the initially modest building over the following decades. After losing his wealth the property was bought by the wealthy widow who lived next door, Margretta Dietrich in 1928. After Dietrich’s death in 1961, the same year Historic Santa Fe Foundation was founded, a corporation called El Zaguan, Inc. was formed to see to the use and continued care of El Zaguan.